2013 tcm SUTS blogathon Day 31: Rex Harrison
Welcome to DAY THIRTY-ONE of the 2013 Summer Under the Stars blogathon! I can’t believe it’s over.
Today we will spotlight bloggers who will spotlight Rex Harrison! (Oh Rexy, you’re so … sorry, wrong era.)
First, a little Rex Harrison trivia … According to IMDb (so it MUST be true), Harrison was, “… almost completely blind in the left eye as the result of a childhood bout of measles.”
SUTS and Oscar: Harrison was nominated for two Oscars, winning one:
Best Actor, 1963’s Cleopatra (lost to Sidney Poitier for Lilies of the Field)
Best Actor, 1964’s My Fair Lady (won)
Now onto the blogging!
The Lady Eve, of The Lady Eve’s Reel Life, helps us close out the blogathon with a dazzling look at the man and the actor in her piece, Unfaithfully Rex.
Margaret Perry, of The Great Katharine Hepburn, joins us one last time with some great Harrison quotes, as well as her list of Must- (and Might-) See Harrison films.
Brandie checks in one more time at The Moviola with her take on Harrison in Preston Sturges’ Unfaithfully Yours.
And Le from Critica Retro joins us one more time with a comparison of kings! It’s Rex Harrison vs. Yul Brynner in a Siam smackdown for the ages! (And remember … hit TRANSLATE!)
Check back throughout the day because there are MORE POSTS COMING!
- RT @ChazEbert: We are lifting up voices that seek to nurture, educate and unite us during Women Writers Week 2017 rogerebert.com/chazs-blog/wel… h… 11 hours ago
- That #SpiderManHomecoming trailer did nothing for me. 11 hours ago
- RT @MikeBeauvais: Excited to reconnect with Lenny Dykstra after all these years during this AMA. https://t.co/mPiMRLSHk3 14 hours ago
- TFW thinkpieces about #Venom and R-rated comic book films can't seem to dig past #Deadpool and #Logan. https://t.co/eYlEtQX9R2 1 day ago
- RT @DeusExCinema: @ScribeHard James Whale did that in Frankenstein! 2 days ago