2013 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 24: Charles Coburn
Welcome to DAY TWENTY-FOUR of the 2013 Summer Under the Stars blogathon!
Today we will spotlight bloggers who will spotlight Charles Coburn!
First, a little Charles Coburn trivia … According to IMDb (so it MUST be true), Coburn actually needed the monocle that became his signature.
SUTS and Oscar: Charles Coburn was nominated for three Oscars, winning one:
Best Supporting Actor, 1941’s The Devil and Miss Jones (lost to Donald Crisp for How Green Was My Valley)
Best Supporting Actor, 1943’s The More the Merrier (winner)
Best Supporting Actor, 1946’s The Green Years (lost to Harold Russell for The Best Years of Our Lives)
Now onto the blogging!
Leading off is Louis from Smum County with “Know Your Character Actor” look at Charles Coburn.
Brandie at True Classics returns with her look at Coburn in a piece titled, Princess O’Rourke, or: How to Marry a Refugee Royal.
Also returning is Cliff from Immortal Ephemera with juicy Coburn quotes about his start in theater, politics, his monocle … even Marilyn Monroe!
Returning to the Blogathon is Picture Spoilers with a look at Coburn’s Oscar-winning performance in The More the Merrier.
Check back throughout the day because there are MORE POSTS COMING!
- RT @ChazEbert: We are lifting up voices that seek to nurture, educate and unite us during Women Writers Week 2017 rogerebert.com/chazs-blog/wel… h… 11 hours ago
- That #SpiderManHomecoming trailer did nothing for me. 11 hours ago
- RT @MikeBeauvais: Excited to reconnect with Lenny Dykstra after all these years during this AMA. https://t.co/mPiMRLSHk3 14 hours ago
- TFW thinkpieces about #Venom and R-rated comic book films can't seem to dig past #Deadpool and #Logan. https://t.co/eYlEtQX9R2 1 day ago
- RT @DeusExCinema: @ScribeHard James Whale did that in Frankenstein! 2 days ago