2013 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 23: Elizabeth Taylor
Welcome to DAY TWENTY-THREE of the 2013 Summer Under the Stars blogathon!
Today we will spotlight bloggers who will spotlight one of the most beautiful and talented actresses Hollywood has ever produced: Elizabeth Taylor!
First, a little Elizabeth Taylor trivia … According to IMDb (so it MUST be true): On New Year’s Eve, 1999, Taylor, along with Julie Andrews, was made a Dame by Queen Elizabeth II.
SUTS and Oscar: In addition to being given the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award in 1993, Elizabeth Taylor has been nominated for five Oscars, winning twice:
Best Actress, 1957’s Raintree County (lost to Joanne Woodward for The Three Faces of Eve)
Best Actress, 1958’s Cat On a Hot Tin Roof (lost to Wendy Hiller for Separate Tables)
Best Actress, 1959’s Suddenly, Last Summer (lost to Simone Signoret for Room at the Top)
Best Actress, 1960’s BUtterfield 8 (winner)
Best Actress, 1966’s Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (winner)
Now onto the blogging!
The Gal Herself is back at One Gal’s Musings with her thoughts on Suddenly, Last Summer.
Jessica from Comet Over Hollywood returns with one of her famous beauty tips: Elizabeth Taylor Perfume
And back at The Moviola, Carley returns with a look at Liz in The V.I.P.s!
Check back throughout the day because there are MORE POSTS COMING!
- RT @mrsmaris: @thehill Next will be the article confirming Trump will NOT be accepting any refugees. See a pattern here? The PR tricks aren… 7 hours ago
- I liked #WorldWarZ. 7 hours ago
- Dark Bono might be @CinemaWidow's favorite Bono. #80s #SunCity #RIPJonathanDemme https://t.co/2VZGnVpfN9 7 hours ago
- RT @stoney16: not only did Jonathon Demme direct Silence of the Lambs. He helped @StevieVanZandt with Sun City video. https://t.co/OH2AfUZF… 7 hours ago
- In 1958, a Catholic church urged a DE theater owner to cancel screenings of Vadim's "...And God Created Woman." So… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 8 hours ago