2013 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 17: Wallace Beery
Welcome to DAY SEVENTEEN of the 2013 Summer Under the Stars blogathon!
Today we will spotlight bloggers who will spotlight … Wallace Beery!
First, a little Ann Blyth trivia … According to IMDb (so it MUST be true), Beery had scheduling conflicts that forced him to decline the role of the the Wizard of Oz in the film of the same name.
SUTS and Oscar: Wallace Beery was nominated for two Oscars:
Best Actor, 1930’s The Big House (lost to George Arliss for Disraeli and The Green Goddess – at the time, rules allowed actors to be submitted for multiple films as an overall body of work for the year)
Best Actor, 1931’s The Champ (tied for win with Fredric March for Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde)
Now onto the blogging!
Leading off is Giles from Sometimes They Go To Eleven with his look at Beery in Dinner at Eight.
Cagey blogathon veteran Cliff from Immortal Ephemera is back with a fine assortment of Beery facts and pics.
And back again from The Moviola is Carley with her take on Beery in China Seas.
Check back throughout the day because there are MORE POSTS COMING!
- RT @ChazEbert: We are lifting up voices that seek to nurture, educate and unite us during Women Writers Week 2017 rogerebert.com/chazs-blog/wel… h… 11 hours ago
- That #SpiderManHomecoming trailer did nothing for me. 11 hours ago
- RT @MikeBeauvais: Excited to reconnect with Lenny Dykstra after all these years during this AMA. https://t.co/mPiMRLSHk3 14 hours ago
- TFW thinkpieces about #Venom and R-rated comic book films can't seem to dig past #Deadpool and #Logan. https://t.co/eYlEtQX9R2 1 day ago
- RT @DeusExCinema: @ScribeHard James Whale did that in Frankenstein! 2 days ago