2013 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 3: Alec Guinness
Welcome to DAY THREE the 2013 TCM Summer Under the Stars blogathon!
Today we will spotlight bloggers who will spotlight Alec Guinness!
First, a little Alec Guinness trivia … According to IMDb (so it MUST be true), Alec Guinness is the only person to receive an Oscar nomination for an acting category in any of the Star Wars films.
SUTS and Oscar: In addition to the honorary Oscar he was given in 1980, Alec Guinness has been nominated for five Oscars: Best Actor, 1952’s The Lavender Hill Mob (lost to Gary Cooper for High Noon); Best Actor, 1957’s The Bridge on the River Kwai (winner); Best Adapted Screenplay, 1958’s The Horse’s Mouth (lost to Alan Jay Lerner for Gigi); Best Supporting Actor (1977’s Star Wars (lost to Jason Robards for Julia); and Best Supporting Actor, 1988’s Little Dorrit (lost to Kevin Kline for A Fish Called Wanda).
Now onto the blogging!
Up first is Constance from Silver Scenes Blog with her look at Guinness in A Majority of One.
Next, Margaret from The Great KH is back with some great thoughts on, and quotes by, Guinness.
And over at The Moviola, our hostess with the most-est … Jill herself … reflects on seeing The Bridge on the River Kwai on the big screen.
Check back throughout the day because there are MORE POSTS COMING!
- RT @ChazEbert: We are lifting up voices that seek to nurture, educate and unite us during Women Writers Week 2017 rogerebert.com/chazs-blog/wel… h… 11 hours ago
- That #SpiderManHomecoming trailer did nothing for me. 11 hours ago
- RT @MikeBeauvais: Excited to reconnect with Lenny Dykstra after all these years during this AMA. https://t.co/mPiMRLSHk3 14 hours ago
- TFW thinkpieces about #Venom and R-rated comic book films can't seem to dig past #Deadpool and #Logan. https://t.co/eYlEtQX9R2 1 day ago
- RT @DeusExCinema: @ScribeHard James Whale did that in Frankenstein! 2 days ago