The 2013 TCM Summer Under the Stars Blogathon Contest!
We’re giving away prizes! That’s right, plural!
What are the prizes?
DVDs! That’s right! Multiple! We’re also giving away a gift card to the TCM shop! You read that right … you could treat yourself to fabulous TCM merchandise! Here are the deets!
- In honor SUTS subject Steve McQueen: The Magnificent Seven Collection (Blu-ray), which contains The Magnificent Seven; Return of the Magnificent Seven; Guns of the Magnificent Seven; and The Magnificent Seven Ride!.
- In honor SUTS subject Elizabeth Taylor: The TCM Greatest Classic Legends Film Collection, which contains Cat on a Hot Tin Roof; Butterfield 8; Father of the Bride; and The Sandpiper.
- In honor SUTS subject Natalie Wood: The West Side Story 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray).
But that’s not all! There will also be a GRAND PRIZE DRAWING!
One lucky winner will walk away with a $50 gift card to the TCM Shop! Boom!
That … just … happened.
How to enter:
- You must post at least one eligible entry in the 2013 TCM Summer Under the Stars Blogathon.
- DVD Sets: For every eligible 2013 TCM Summer Under the Stars Blogathon entry you post, your name is entered into the drawing for one the three DVD sets. If you post one entry, your name is entered once. If you post 10 entries, your name is entered ten times. You may only win one of the three DVD sets. However, if you do win one of the three DVD sets, you are still eligible for the Grand Prize Drawing.
- Grand Prize Gift Card: Every participant in the 2013 TCM Summer Under the Stars Blogathon who posts at least one eligible entry during the blogathon will have their name entered once for the Grand Prize Drawing, regardless of number of entries. If you post one entry, your name is entered once. If you post 10 entries, your name is entered once. Only one person will win. If you won one of the three DVD sets above, you are still eligible for the Grand Prize.
An entry is considered eligible if it meets the following criteria:
- The entry must be new (not something previously published).
- The entry may be posted before the star’s day, but we will not promote it until the star’s day. However, the entry must be posted no later than 5:59am EDT at the end of that star’s day. Turner Classic Movies counts a day as 6:00am on one day to 6:00am the next, not midnight to midnight. For example, August 1 is Humphrey Bogart’s day. His day officially starts at 6:00am on 8/1 and ends at 5:59am on 8/2. Each star’s day follows suit. Because this blogathon is based on TCM’s schedule, this will be the schedule of record, so those of you not based in the Eastern Time Zone of the United States, please make your time calculations accordingly.
- The entry must be pertinent to the star/day combination, and specific film reviews must be of films that are airing on that star’s day. Using Humphrey Bogart as the example again, a review of High Sierra (starring Humphrey Bogart) on 8/1 (Humphrey Bogart’s day) is pertinent because High Sierra is airing on 8/1. A review of Sabrina (starring Humphrey Bogart) is not pertinent regardless of the day, as that film is not airing at all. However, if you are posting a higher-level piece about a star on that star’s day – for example, how you and your grandfather bonded over Humphrey Bogart films, or a list of your Top 5 Bogie films and why – that is considered an eligible entry. In the event of something questionable, final eligibility will be determined by Michael and Jill.
- Each entry you post, regardless of style or length or number, must specifically reference that it is an entry in the “2013 TCM Summer Under the Stars Blogathon” and must contain a link back to either Jill or Michael’s blog. (Both Jill and Michael will be promoting all of the bloggers every day throughout the month, so we want to ensure that readers have one of two central locations.) Michael’s link is https://scribehardonfilm.wordpress.com/ and Jill’s link is http://sittinonabackyardfence.com/ .
- The drawing will be held no later than Saturday, September 7, 2013.
- Winners will be notified via email by September 7 and must confirm receipt of the notification by September 14. In the absence of confirmation of the first notification, reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner via other channels. If confirmation is not made by the winner by September 21, that winner forfeits his prize and another winner will be drawn.
- Prizes will be shipped once confirmation arrangements have been made with all winners.
- Winners’ names will be published on Michael and Jill’s blogs once shipping arrangements have been made with all winners.
- The DVD/Blu-ray prizes are Region 1. Substitutions for other Regions cannot be made, nor may any prizes be substituted.
- All restrictions set forth by TCM on usage of the gift card apply (including rules on shipping destinations)