Three is a Magic Number
In You Say You Want a Resolution, I talked about rededicating myself to this site. I want to go a little further than that, though.
2013 ends in a three. I have three specific resolutions. Those resolutions are based on the number three. Hold up the three fingers between the pinky and the thumb and it looks like a W. Those three resolutions happen to begin with W.
(You can see I put some stock into coincidences like this.)
WEIGHT – I want to lose 30 pounds in 2013. That’s about how much I’ve gained in the last few years, thanks to a combination of Gluttony and Sloth (to go old school). It’s time to give the scale a break.
WATCH – I want to watch 300 movies this year. That’s pretty straight forward. And I will count re-watches, because even though the film might be the same, the viewing experience is always different.
WRITE – I want to write 300,000 words this year. A tall order, I know. But those words will come in many forms: all reviews and musings here, research for Classic Screenings, my work for Filmoria and other sites, as well as any personal writings. (Note: I’m writing this on 12/31/12, so these 222 words don’t count.)
I will occasionally post my progress here – maybe once a month. Look for the “Magic Number Three” tag.
Here goes nothing!
- RT @ChazEbert: We are lifting up voices that seek to nurture, educate and unite us during Women Writers Week 2017 rogerebert.com/chazs-blog/wel… h… 11 hours ago
- That #SpiderManHomecoming trailer did nothing for me. 11 hours ago
- RT @MikeBeauvais: Excited to reconnect with Lenny Dykstra after all these years during this AMA. https://t.co/mPiMRLSHk3 14 hours ago
- TFW thinkpieces about #Venom and R-rated comic book films can't seem to dig past #Deadpool and #Logan. https://t.co/eYlEtQX9R2 1 day ago
- RT @DeusExCinema: @ScribeHard James Whale did that in Frankenstein! 2 days ago