You Say You Want a Resolution
Well hello there. It has been a LONG time since I’ve posted anything here – August 31, 2012 to be exact. That was the last day of the TCM Summer Under the Stars Blogathon that I co-hosted with Jill Blake from Sittin’ On a Backyard Fence. That was an absolute blast, and we’re looking forward to doing it again in 2013, but when you run a 31-day blogathon, with dozens of contributors and a great contest and nearly 200 entries … you burn out. I took a little break.
Then, no sooner was the break over, I had the pleasure of launching a new website – Classic Screenings – with the aforementioned Jill Blake and Carley Johnson of The Kitty Packard Pictorial. If you’ve never done it, launching a website with a three-person staff – even with partners as gifted as Jill and Carley – becomes all-encompassing. Writing for myself took a backseat.
Oh yeah, and I also write full-time for Filmoria, as well as contribute to LikeTotally80s.com, and Cinema Sentries (see sidebar for links). Writing for myself went from the backseat to the trunk.
Effective immediately, and a few days in advance of the traditional New Year start date, I’m committing more time to this site, and I’m shifting the focus from classic films to new releases. That’s not to say I won’t still review the classics; I will, but because my involvement with Classic Screenings feeds my classic film hunger, I need an outlet for my thoughts on new films, be they current theatrical releases or recent releases offered on DVD. That’s not to say I won’t review the classics here; I will, but they will become special features that appear with less frequency.
Thanks for riding with me this far. I hope you’ll stay on board.
- RT @mrsmaris: @thehill Next will be the article confirming Trump will NOT be accepting any refugees. See a pattern here? The PR tricks aren… 7 hours ago
- I liked #WorldWarZ. 7 hours ago
- Dark Bono might be @CinemaWidow's favorite Bono. #80s #SunCity #RIPJonathanDemme https://t.co/2VZGnVpfN9 7 hours ago
- RT @stoney16: not only did Jonathon Demme direct Silence of the Lambs. He helped @StevieVanZandt with Sun City video. https://t.co/OH2AfUZF… 7 hours ago
- In 1958, a Catholic church urged a DE theater owner to cancel screenings of Vadim's "...And God Created Woman." So… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 8 hours ago