2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 21: Kay Francis
Today’s Summer Under the Stars spotlight is a quintessential Pre-Code dame – Kay Francis.
Like style? Then you’ll love what Kimberly from GlamAmor has to offer, as she looks at Francis’ trendsetting 1930s style.
And the blogathon welcomes Danny Reid from Can’t Stop the Movies, who has several contributions for Kay day: reviews of Jewel Robbery, Mary Stevens MD, and Mandalay. Plus, Danny has a great overview on Francis and the films featured on TCM today.
And not to be outdone, Cliff from Immortal Ephemera offers a trio of contributions of his own: Francis in the news, a review of Dr. Monica, and yet an alternate take on Dr. Monica over at WilliamWarren.com!
Also making a blogothon debut is Karen with The Speakeasy! She looks at Francis in Confession.
And the blogathon welcomes Gene from 11east14thstreet.com with a look at Francis in Mary Stevens MD.
- And while we're at it here are my #Top5Films for 2015 Q1: 5. Kumiko the Treasure Hunter 4. Nina Forever 3. Spring 2. Man From Reno 1. Mommy 6 hours ago
- At some point I need to see first two films in trilogy that GETT: THE TRIAL OF VIVANE AMSALEM finishes. And by "at some point" I mean soon. 7 hours ago
- Future #MCU phases are looking pretty weak. http://t.co/3bvjpR0iDy 11 hours ago
- My thanks to @CapeGazette for story on fundraising efforts of @WestownMovies, @DEBreastCancer, and @MOTFilmSociety. capegazette.villagesoup.com/p/westown-thea… 16 hours ago
- Is this the kind of hand-wringing that goes on all day when I'm normally at work? 17 hours ago