2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 21: Kay Francis
Today’s Summer Under the Stars spotlight is a quintessential Pre-Code dame – Kay Francis.
Like style? Then you’ll love what Kimberly from GlamAmor has to offer, as she looks at Francis’ trendsetting 1930s style.
And the blogathon welcomes Danny Reid from Can’t Stop the Movies, who has several contributions for Kay day: reviews of Jewel Robbery, Mary Stevens MD, and Mandalay. Plus, Danny has a great overview on Francis and the films featured on TCM today.
And not to be outdone, Cliff from Immortal Ephemera offers a trio of contributions of his own: Francis in the news, a review of Dr. Monica, and yet an alternate take on Dr. Monica over at WilliamWarren.com!
Also making a blogothon debut is Karen with The Speakeasy! She looks at Francis in Confession.
And the blogathon welcomes Gene from 11east14thstreet.com with a look at Francis in Mary Stevens MD.
- It doesn't take long for the audience to go from partner to mark. Don't be taken. My review of FOCUS: scribehardonfilm.wordpress.com/2015/02/27/foc… #FocusMovie 4 hours ago
- TOO MANY CONS My review of "Focus": scribehardonfilm.wordpress.com/2015/02/27/foc… #FocusMovie 10 hours ago
- Saw trailer for RUN ALL NIGHT, another old-man-killing-for-revenge film. How close is Abe Vigoda to landing one of these? I think it's time. 11 hours ago
- There's an elaborate set-piece in #FocusMovie built on the # of times the Stones sing "woo-woo" in 'Sympathy For the Devil.' I shit you not. 12 hours ago
- And really #FocusMovie? 'Windmills of Your Mind' over closing credits?That's like a 4yo donning dad's wingtips & clopping around the house. 13 hours ago