2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 21: Kay Francis
Today’s Summer Under the Stars spotlight is a quintessential Pre-Code dame – Kay Francis.
Like style? Then you’ll love what Kimberly from GlamAmor has to offer, as she looks at Francis’ trendsetting 1930s style.
And the blogathon welcomes Danny Reid from Can’t Stop the Movies, who has several contributions for Kay day: reviews of Jewel Robbery, Mary Stevens MD, and Mandalay. Plus, Danny has a great overview on Francis and the films featured on TCM today.
And not to be outdone, Cliff from Immortal Ephemera offers a trio of contributions of his own: Francis in the news, a review of Dr. Monica, and yet an alternate take on Dr. Monica over at WilliamWarren.com!
Also making a blogothon debut is Karen with The Speakeasy! She looks at Francis in Confession.
And the blogathon welcomes Gene from 11east14thstreet.com with a look at Francis in Mary Stevens MD.
- RT @melsil: Could anybody in Australia send me Monica Davidson's keynote essay on women in film. THanks 5 hours ago
- RT @EddieLove44: Oh please, Tilda Swinton sold out the moment she slept in a glass box at MOMA. That was simply the worst kind of commercia… 17 hours ago
- Interesting (implied) footnote in #RedArmy ... Slava Fetisov is not a fan of Alex Ovechkin. 18 hours ago
- Part of me hopes the Tilda Swinton deal happens just so I can enjoy watching the anti-MCU crowd wring their hands for the next 18 months. 18 hours ago
- Everybody loves Big Bird. The doc about the man who has played Big Bird for 40 years? Hmmm. My @WayTooIndie review: waytooindie.com/review/movie/i… 18 hours ago