2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 21: Kay Francis
Today’s Summer Under the Stars spotlight is a quintessential Pre-Code dame – Kay Francis.
Like style? Then you’ll love what Kimberly from GlamAmor has to offer, as she looks at Francis’ trendsetting 1930s style.
And the blogathon welcomes Danny Reid from Can’t Stop the Movies, who has several contributions for Kay day: reviews of Jewel Robbery, Mary Stevens MD, and Mandalay. Plus, Danny has a great overview on Francis and the films featured on TCM today.
And not to be outdone, Cliff from Immortal Ephemera offers a trio of contributions of his own: Francis in the news, a review of Dr. Monica, and yet an alternate take on Dr. Monica over at WilliamWarren.com!
Also making a blogothon debut is Karen with The Speakeasy! She looks at Francis in Confession.
And the blogathon welcomes Gene from 11east14thstreet.com with a look at Francis in Mary Stevens MD.
- There will never be another Eve Arden. That said, Ana Gasteyer is a great choice for McGee. #GreaseLive 8 minutes ago
- Just thru the "Summer Lovin'" number and I cannot fathom the degree of difficulty to pull this thing off live. #GreaseLive 11 minutes ago
- [raises an eyebrow] Huh. Let's see. #NowWatching w/@MovieReelRebel Thomas Kail and Alex Rudzinski's GREASE LIVE . https://t.co/0yo4y9YiNx 32 minutes ago
- Never noticed Pepper wearing Louboutins in #IronMan. Makes up a little - only a little - for Widow not wearing them in #TheAvengers. #MCU 1 hour ago
- #NowWatching with @CinemaWidow Jon Favreau's IRON MAN (2008) #MCU (poster via @PosterPosse) . https://t.co/rE24NY4yqX 3 hours ago