2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 21: Kay Francis
Today’s Summer Under the Stars spotlight is a quintessential Pre-Code dame – Kay Francis.
Like style? Then you’ll love what Kimberly from GlamAmor has to offer, as she looks at Francis’ trendsetting 1930s style.
And the blogathon welcomes Danny Reid from Can’t Stop the Movies, who has several contributions for Kay day: reviews of Jewel Robbery, Mary Stevens MD, and Mandalay. Plus, Danny has a great overview on Francis and the films featured on TCM today.
And not to be outdone, Cliff from Immortal Ephemera offers a trio of contributions of his own: Francis in the news, a review of Dr. Monica, and yet an alternate take on Dr. Monica over at WilliamWarren.com!
Also making a blogothon debut is Karen with The Speakeasy! She looks at Francis in Confession.
And the blogathon welcomes Gene from 11east14thstreet.com with a look at Francis in Mary Stevens MD.
- Watched the "Tom Hanks Extended Cut" of #ThatThingYouDo, which runs 2:27 (compared to 1:48 theatrical). On the plus side ... 14 hours ago
- Now *that* is an endorsement. #NowWatching w/@CinemaWidow Tom Hanks' THAT THING YOU DO (Tom Hanks Extended Cut) . twitter.com/JohnSchaech/st… 17 hours ago
- Can we simply not remake I SAW THE DEVIL? twitter.com/MissBrittHayes… 20 hours ago
- Anecdotally, I think I've seen more Canadian films this year than most Canadians I know (non-film people division). 1 day ago
- RT @DavidPoland: The costuming on Crimson Peak is stunning. Gothic, so you have to go there. But it actually provokes gasps at some points. 1 day ago