2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 17: Katharine Hepburn
Is Katharine Hepburn the greatest actress ever? That’s up for debate, but she is certainly in the conversation. Does this blogathon have the greatest bloggers ever? YES! And no debate is necessary! Enjoy!
Leading off is Margaret Perry with a subject she knows a little bit about. 8 ) Margaret, she of The Great KH, takes a look at today’s TCM’s Hepburn lineup and ranks them in order of quality.
Next, the ‘thon welcomes Kimberly of GlamAmor fame, with her look at Kate in Woman of the Year.
H.P. Oliver is back in the ‘thon house with his take on Bringing Up Baby.
Classic newsman Cliff from Immortal Ephemera covers how the press treated Hepburn after 1932’s A Bill of Divorcement.
Kristen from Journeys in Classic Film reflects on Hepburn’s performance in Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner.
Then, Carrie at True Classics tells us why Katharine Hepburn is Awesome.
Ginny with Old Movies Nostalgia reviews Kate and Cary in Bringing Up Baby!
Jacqueline at Living Lola shows us The Tao of Hepburn.
And Jessica from Jess in a Yellow Dress gives us her view of Bringing Up Baby.
Also with a look at Bringing Up Baby is Kellee from Outspoken and Freckled!
- RT @MikelS75: @ScribeHard Renée Jeanne Falconetti was 35 when she played Joan of Arc in the 1928 film. 3 hours ago
- A #Footloose prequel with a hologram of Sam Kinison in the Preacher Lithgow role. 4 hours ago
- A #Footloose prequel where the the whole town is made up of bad dancers. 5 hours ago
- Kevin Bacon was 26yo playing a teen in #Footloose. That doesn't top the male record-holder Patrick Swayze, who was a 32yo teen in #RedDawn. 5 hours ago
- #NowWatching with @MovieReelRebel Kevin Bacon, Lori Singer, and John Lithgow in Herbert Ross' FOOTLOOSE . http://t.co/ExUo5ynMYV 5 hours ago