2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 7: Sidney Poitier
The last day of the first full week of SUTS and the blogging is going strong! Today, whether you you call him Mister Tibbs or call him the first African American man to win an Academy Award, there is no denying that Sidney Poitier deserves to be part of TCM’s Summer Under the Stars, and the classic film blogging community does right by him.
H.P. Oliver returns to the ‘thon with his unique perspective on To Sir With Love.
Joel, of Joel’s Classic Film Passion, makes his blogathon debut looking at A Raisin in the Sun and To Sir, With Love.
The wonderful Aurora, from OnceUponAScreen, gives us her look at A Raisin in the Sun.
Next, Margaret Perry of The Great Katharine Hepburn returns with Poitier and the Civil Rights movement in Hollywood.
Raquelle from Out of the Past takes a look at Poitier in A Patch of Blue.
Cliff from Immortal Ephemera is back with a look at some Poitier press clippings. Great read!
Carrie from True Classics weighs in with her thoughts on To Sir With Love.
Rich from Wide Screen World offers a nice bio on Poitier.
And blogathon newcomer 19cooper01 writes a very nice essay about Mr. Poitier.
- #Top5FirstViews for MARCH 5. Listen to Me Marlon 4. The Wrecking Crew 3. Nina Forever 2. Spring 1. Man From Reno 8 hours ago
- And while we're at it here are my #Top5Films for 2015 Q1: 5. Kumiko the Treasure Hunter 4. Nina Forever 3. Spring 2. Man From Reno 1. Mommy 21 hours ago
- At some point I need to see first two films in trilogy that GETT: THE TRIAL OF VIVANE AMSALEM finishes. And by "at some point" I mean soon. 22 hours ago
- Future #MCU phases are looking pretty weak. http://t.co/3bvjpR0iDy 1 day ago
- My thanks to @CapeGazette for story on fundraising efforts of @WestownMovies, @DEBreastCancer, and @MOTFilmSociety. capegazette.villagesoup.com/p/westown-thea… 1 day ago