2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 7: Sidney Poitier
The last day of the first full week of SUTS and the blogging is going strong! Today, whether you you call him Mister Tibbs or call him the first African American man to win an Academy Award, there is no denying that Sidney Poitier deserves to be part of TCM’s Summer Under the Stars, and the classic film blogging community does right by him.
H.P. Oliver returns to the ‘thon with his unique perspective on To Sir With Love.
Joel, of Joel’s Classic Film Passion, makes his blogathon debut looking at A Raisin in the Sun and To Sir, With Love.
The wonderful Aurora, from OnceUponAScreen, gives us her look at A Raisin in the Sun.
Next, Margaret Perry of The Great Katharine Hepburn returns with Poitier and the Civil Rights movement in Hollywood.
Raquelle from Out of the Past takes a look at Poitier in A Patch of Blue.
Cliff from Immortal Ephemera is back with a look at some Poitier press clippings. Great read!
Carrie from True Classics weighs in with her thoughts on To Sir With Love.
Rich from Wide Screen World offers a nice bio on Poitier.
And blogathon newcomer 19cooper01 writes a very nice essay about Mr. Poitier.
- #NowWatching Jaume Collet-Serra's RUN ALL NIGHT #GeriAction . https://t.co/BIhKw2VBwv 7 hours ago
- 11 minutes in and, not including her nurse scrubs, Pike is on her fourth unique outfit. #ReturnToSender 9 hours ago
- #NowWatching Fouad Mikati's RETURN TO SENDER . https://t.co/SW7zXTMe8K 9 hours ago
- Ohhhhhhhh hey. A.J. Edwards's THE BETTER ANGELS is on Prime. #QueueIt 9 hours ago
- RT @jimorear: The #nativity is set up! #Christmas #Holiday @CocaCola https://t.co/FtguQUkKZt 10 hours ago