2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 4: Marilyn Monroe
Welcome to Day Four.
We live in a world where female celebrities are known more by one name then by two; divas like Mariah, Angelina, Christina, and others rule the headlines. But in the history of fame, the single female celebrity who singularly deserves the singular name … Marilyn.
Let us waste no more time discussing this icon. Let’s let the bloggers take care of that for us.
We welcome Bobby Rivers to the blogathon with his look at Marilyn in a piece he calls Monroe & Merman: The Odd Couple.
We also welcome my friend Lesya from Eternity of Dream to the blogathon, with her look at Niagara.
H.P. Oliver is back! Today he takes that wonderful approach of his and applies it to The Seven Year Itch.
Also returning is Once Upon a Screen‘s Aurora with a glorious pictorial highlighting Marilyn’s career.
Up next, Sarah from TrueClassics looks at Marilyn and tries to get to know her.
Calum Campbell, of Manalishi Films, takes a look at an all-time classic, Some Like It Hot.
Cliff with Immortal Ephemera is at it again with more great classic news coverage!
The Lady Eve offers a wonderful look at Marilyn with Marilyn Monroe: Out of Dream
Anglea from The Hollywood Revue runs down her five favorite Monroe films
Jessica from Comet Over Hollywood joins us with a video submission
Le is back with a wonderful essay entitled Profiles of Women: Marilyn Monroe (note: hit the translate button at the bottom of the page)
R.C. from The Shades of Black and White has written a lovely piece entitled Just Marilyn
And my dear friend Carley of Kitty Packard weighs in with a a great entry: The Birth of an Actress: Marilyn Monroe in ‘Don’t Bother to Knock’
- Round 3. #NowWatching with @MovieReelRebel The Russo Brothers' CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR https://t.co/rZQMxSYZcI 7 hours ago
- The real evil? The real dead? All that corduroy. #TheEvilDead 8 hours ago
- With @CinemaWidow under the weather, we'll skip the PHANTASM screening, but this will do just fine. #NowWatching Sam Raimi's THE EVIL DEAD 9 hours ago
- RT @MattGertz: Clinton invited a harsh Trump critic to the debate. Trump responded by inviting her husband's mistress. These are not the sa… 11 hours ago
- Nothing like reading an obit from 1938 that incl a sentence starting, "When prohibition ruined the hotel business in this city ..." #HMTOD 13 hours ago