2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 3: Johnny Weissmuller
Another day passed, another great success! Thanks, bloggers and readers! Now it’s on to DAY THREE!
Is there an actor more closely associated with a character than Johnny Weissmuller is with Tarzan? An argument could be made, I suppose, but Weissmuller’s name would certainly be in the conversation. While not as popular as John Wayne and not as beloved as Myrna Loy, Weissmuller is still covered in this blogathon, proving that the classic film fan-base is large and loyal!
First up is Leticia with Critica Retro looks at The Family of Tarzan. (Note: Not only is the classic film fan-base large and loyal, it’s international too! Be sure to hit the appropriate translation widget to the right of the article!)
Also today, Cliff with Immortal Ephemera goes three-for-three in the blogathon with another great press clipping-based entry.
Ivan from Thrilling Days of Yesteryear joins us with an entertaining piece entitled Tarzan Takes Manhattan.
- THE stunner of #IAmBigBird: NASA asked Spinney to go to space. Bird suit wouldn't fit on ship. Christa McAuliffe replaced him. #Challenger 1 hour ago
- #IAmBigBird: Doc on man who has been Big Bird (& Oscar Grouch) 40+ yrs often syrupy, sometimes manipulative, but still a nostalgic force. 1 hour ago
- #NowWatching From documentarians Dave LaMattina and Chad N. Walker I AM BIG BIRD: THE CAROLL SPINNEY STORY . http://t.co/YtAkKuYPd4 3 hours ago
- RT @MOTFilmSociety: Who are you, #NetDE? Criminal, Princess, Athlete, Basket Case, or Brain? Come to @WestownMovies 5/31 and let us know! h… 1 day ago
- #TheyCameTogether Atrocious. A bad 10 minute comedy sketch stretched on a rack to a torturous 90 minutes. ZAZ would shit a better film. 1 day ago