2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 2: Myrna Loy
Thanks to everyone who made Day One such a great success! Now it’s on to DAY TWO!
I could gush on and on about Day Two star Myrna Loy, but I would just as soon save my ramblings for another time and get you to what you came here for … bloggers! So let’s say we get Day Two started!
Leading off is Aurora at Once Upon a Screen with an essay about today’s star that she entitles Myrna Loy: The Little Things.
Next is Kellee Pratt with a look at the quintessential Powell/Loy classic, 1934’s The Thin Man.
Resident Katharine Hepburn blogger Margaret Perry gives Kate some time off to take a look at some of her favorite Myrna films.
H.P. Oliver joins Aurora as two of the first two-for-two bloggers with his unique take on The Thin Man.
Brandie at TrueClassics offers her insight on Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948).
Lara from Backlots has a lovely review of the hilarious Libeled Lady (1936)
Great, great contributions for a great, great actress!
- Watched the "Tom Hanks Extended Cut" of #ThatThingYouDo, which runs 2:27 (compared to 1:48 theatrical). On the plus side ... 8 hours ago
- Now *that* is an endorsement. #NowWatching w/@CinemaWidow Tom Hanks' THAT THING YOU DO (Tom Hanks Extended Cut) . twitter.com/JohnSchaech/st… 11 hours ago
- Can we simply not remake I SAW THE DEVIL? twitter.com/MissBrittHayes… 14 hours ago
- Anecdotally, I think I've seen more Canadian films this year than most Canadians I know (non-film people division). 18 hours ago
- RT @DavidPoland: The costuming on Crimson Peak is stunning. Gothic, so you have to go there. But it actually provokes gasps at some points. 21 hours ago