2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 2: Myrna Loy
Thanks to everyone who made Day One such a great success! Now it’s on to DAY TWO!
I could gush on and on about Day Two star Myrna Loy, but I would just as soon save my ramblings for another time and get you to what you came here for … bloggers! So let’s say we get Day Two started!
Leading off is Aurora at Once Upon a Screen with an essay about today’s star that she entitles Myrna Loy: The Little Things.
Next is Kellee Pratt with a look at the quintessential Powell/Loy classic, 1934’s The Thin Man.
Resident Katharine Hepburn blogger Margaret Perry gives Kate some time off to take a look at some of her favorite Myrna films.
H.P. Oliver joins Aurora as two of the first two-for-two bloggers with his unique take on The Thin Man.
Brandie at TrueClassics offers her insight on Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948).
Lara from Backlots has a lovely review of the hilarious Libeled Lady (1936)
Great, great contributions for a great, great actress!
- RT @tnyfrontrow: @mattzollerseitz @selfstyledsiren So were plenty of '30s, '40s, '50s movies; hindsight skims the cream. 21 minutes ago
- RT @DirectedbyWomen: "We need to do this!" Great to see @wilmffilm diving into the #DirectedbyWomen Global Party! facebook.com/WilmingtonFema… h… 48 minutes ago
- RT @FreddyInSpace: The internet is a fucking cesspool. You could cure cancer and people would find a way to make you feel bad about it. htt… 2 hours ago
- Today marks 1-yr anniv of my first published piece at @WayTooIndie. I'm lucky to write for them. It's a great site. You should follow them. 3 hours ago
- RT @EddieLove44: Serious #DVRAlert: @tcm is showing 2/3 of the #HarryPalmer film series this Thurs as part of #SUTS. http://t.co/z39F7wlRCC 3 hours ago