2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 2: Myrna Loy
Thanks to everyone who made Day One such a great success! Now it’s on to DAY TWO!
I could gush on and on about Day Two star Myrna Loy, but I would just as soon save my ramblings for another time and get you to what you came here for … bloggers! So let’s say we get Day Two started!
Leading off is Aurora at Once Upon a Screen with an essay about today’s star that she entitles Myrna Loy: The Little Things.
Next is Kellee Pratt with a look at the quintessential Powell/Loy classic, 1934’s The Thin Man.
Resident Katharine Hepburn blogger Margaret Perry gives Kate some time off to take a look at some of her favorite Myrna films.
H.P. Oliver joins Aurora as two of the first two-for-two bloggers with his unique take on The Thin Man.
Brandie at TrueClassics offers her insight on Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948).
Lara from Backlots has a lovely review of the hilarious Libeled Lady (1936)
Great, great contributions for a great, great actress!
- THE stunner of #IAmBigBird: NASA asked Spinney to go to space. Bird suit wouldn't fit on ship. Christa McAuliffe replaced him. #Challenger 7 hours ago
- #IAmBigBird: Doc on man who has been Big Bird (& Oscar Grouch) 40+ yrs often syrupy, sometimes manipulative, but still a nostalgic force. 7 hours ago
- #NowWatching From documentarians Dave LaMattina and Chad N. Walker I AM BIG BIRD: THE CAROLL SPINNEY STORY . http://t.co/YtAkKuYPd4 10 hours ago
- RT @MOTFilmSociety: Who are you, #NetDE? Criminal, Princess, Athlete, Basket Case, or Brain? Come to @WestownMovies 5/31 and let us know! h… 1 day ago
- #TheyCameTogether Atrocious. A bad 10 minute comedy sketch stretched on a rack to a torturous 90 minutes. ZAZ would shit a better film. 1 day ago