2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 2: Myrna Loy
Thanks to everyone who made Day One such a great success! Now it’s on to DAY TWO!
I could gush on and on about Day Two star Myrna Loy, but I would just as soon save my ramblings for another time and get you to what you came here for … bloggers! So let’s say we get Day Two started!
Leading off is Aurora at Once Upon a Screen with an essay about today’s star that she entitles Myrna Loy: The Little Things.
Next is Kellee Pratt with a look at the quintessential Powell/Loy classic, 1934’s The Thin Man.
Resident Katharine Hepburn blogger Margaret Perry gives Kate some time off to take a look at some of her favorite Myrna films.
H.P. Oliver joins Aurora as two of the first two-for-two bloggers with his unique take on The Thin Man.
Brandie at TrueClassics offers her insight on Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948).
Lara from Backlots has a lovely review of the hilarious Libeled Lady (1936)
Great, great contributions for a great, great actress!
- #NowWatching Aaron Sorkin’s THE WEST WING S4:E9 “Swiss Diplomacy” #TheWestWing 16 hours ago
- #SlowWest: Fassbender western a battle to the death between preening direction and arduous storytelling courtesy of rookie director Maclean. 16 hours ago
- Seriously? Literal salt on his literal wound? FFS. 18 hours ago
- #NowWatching Kodi Smit-McPhee and Michael Fassbender in John Maclean’s SLOW WEST . http://t.co/ZRAbmYWYCH 20 hours ago
- RT @enichols: @MOTFilmSociety is showing Die Hard on Wednesday. Join me! tugg.com/events/25985 1 day ago