2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 2: Myrna Loy
Thanks to everyone who made Day One such a great success! Now it’s on to DAY TWO!
I could gush on and on about Day Two star Myrna Loy, but I would just as soon save my ramblings for another time and get you to what you came here for … bloggers! So let’s say we get Day Two started!
Leading off is Aurora at Once Upon a Screen with an essay about today’s star that she entitles Myrna Loy: The Little Things.
Next is Kellee Pratt with a look at the quintessential Powell/Loy classic, 1934’s The Thin Man.
Resident Katharine Hepburn blogger Margaret Perry gives Kate some time off to take a look at some of her favorite Myrna films.
H.P. Oliver joins Aurora as two of the first two-for-two bloggers with his unique take on The Thin Man.
Brandie at TrueClassics offers her insight on Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948).
Lara from Backlots has a lovely review of the hilarious Libeled Lady (1936)
Great, great contributions for a great, great actress!
- In all seriousness, the #OneDirectionPhilly concert was damn entertaining, and I've never experienced such a concentration of joy before. 1 day ago
- I’m at the @onedirection concert. No really. With @MovieReelRebel #OneDirectionPhilly http://t.co/YIHv1UtQT3 1 day ago
- It's September. Please participate in @DirectedbyWomen. Watch/share films directed by women from 9/1-9/15 ... and then forever after that. 2 days ago
- RT @EddieLove44: @ScribeHard Indeed. A performance like Hilary Swank in The Homesman can stand alongside the work of any golden age star. … 2 days ago
- RT @oneandonlyjoyce: We should all be living our lives like latter-half-of-his-second-term-no-more-elections-left-to-win Obama. 2 days ago