2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 1: John Wayne
Welcome to DAY ONE the 2012 TCM Summer Under the Stars blogathon! We have a great collection of classic film bloggers to spotlight on this first day, all of whom share a passion for one of the all-time legends, John Wayne. Let’s get started!
First up is Silver Screenings with a look at The Duke in 1945’s They Were Expendable.
Next, our pal Aurora at Once Upon a Screen reflects on why she thinks 1952’s The Quiet Man is Wayne’s best film.
Over at H.P. Oliver‘s place, H.P. shines a very different light on They Were Expendable.
Our good friend Cliff at Immortal Ephemera pulls double Duke duty when he waxes nostalgic about Wayne as the Ringo Kid in 1939’s Stagecoach, and then looks at a press clipping from early in Wayne’s career.
Carrie, with TrueClassics, offers her take on Wayne as the title character in 1963’s McLintock!
Don’t miss the Secret Sanctum of Captain Video, where the Captain showcases a comic book adaptation of Stagecoach.
Jennifer Garlen, on Virtual Virago, offers her thoughts on several of Wayne’s films to be spotlighted on Day One of SUTS.
From Calum Campbell at Manalishi Films comes an analysis of 1956’s The Searchers.
And from R.C., at The Shades of Black and White, comes a personal essay entitled The Duke, My Father, and I.
How’s THAT for Day One?
- RT @JurassicGriffin: @erincandy @SarKittyMcMeow I think it has something to do with exploiting kids. It's like an intellectual Toddlers in… 1 hour ago
- RT @jeremynewberger: If this #SpellingBee was hosted by Sam Kinison's character from Back to School it would be on network TV and not cable. 3 hours ago
- Tempted to replace my Ukrainian Iron Man header pic with this ... twitter.com/materialgirl85… 3 hours ago
- RT @Honors_Zombie: Remain clueless as to the ascendancy of charisma-free Chloe Moretz. 6 hours ago
- Shailene Woodley #Divergent hair >>> Chloë Grace Moretz #The5thWave hair. 1 day ago