Sunday Morning on Film – Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Cinema Culpa
The view is pretty good from where I sit. Over the course of each week, I consider the goings-on in the film industry, formulate my opinions (sometimes with great consideration, other times with visceral reaction), and lay out those opinions here. But it occurred to me recently that what I do each week is more than just opine; I pass judgement. I understand that.
I also understand that when I pass judgement, I do so from from behind the shield of relative anonymity. Basically, I take shots at those who have no opportunity to defend themselves against me or take shots back.
So, in the interest of fair play, I thought I would take the time to share some film-related things here about myself that others might … you know … judge.
I call them “Cinema Confessions” because they are things that many might think of as blasphemous transgressions against film and its denizens – or they might be things I would only share with my priest.
Consider yourself anointed.
Read the rest at Filmoria …
- RT @ChazEbert: We are lifting up voices that seek to nurture, educate and unite us during Women Writers Week 2017 rogerebert.com/chazs-blog/wel… h… 11 hours ago
- That #SpiderManHomecoming trailer did nothing for me. 11 hours ago
- RT @MikeBeauvais: Excited to reconnect with Lenny Dykstra after all these years during this AMA. https://t.co/mPiMRLSHk3 14 hours ago
- TFW thinkpieces about #Venom and R-rated comic book films can't seem to dig past #Deadpool and #Logan. https://t.co/eYlEtQX9R2 1 day ago
- RT @DeusExCinema: @ScribeHard James Whale did that in Frankenstein! 2 days ago