Sunday Morning on Cinema – The More the Merrier
On Tuesday, January 24, at 5:30am PST, 8:30am EST, and 1:30pm GMT, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences will announce its 84th annual collection of Oscar® nominees. What makes this year different from any other in the last 60+ years is that we won’t know the number of Best Picture nominees until those nominees are announced. All we know is that the number could range anywhere between five and 10.
I wish it could be 12 to 15. Really I do. Not for the sake of the Academy or its voters or the filmmakers or the industry in general. I wish it could be 12 to 15 for movie fans.
Read the rest at Filmoria …
- RT @mrsmaris: @thehill Next will be the article confirming Trump will NOT be accepting any refugees. See a pattern here? The PR tricks aren… 7 hours ago
- I liked #WorldWarZ. 7 hours ago
- Dark Bono might be @CinemaWidow's favorite Bono. #80s #SunCity #RIPJonathanDemme https://t.co/2VZGnVpfN9 7 hours ago
- RT @stoney16: not only did Jonathon Demme direct Silence of the Lambs. He helped @StevieVanZandt with Sun City video. https://t.co/OH2AfUZF… 7 hours ago
- In 1958, a Catholic church urged a DE theater owner to cancel screenings of Vadim's "...And God Created Woman." So… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 8 hours ago