A SEAT AT THE TABLE
Oh, the horror that is the New Year’s resolution.
You know it. You make it. You love it.
Well, you love it for what? A month, tops? Then you hate it. I’ve been right there with you.
As I spent the last week of 2011 enjoying family, friends, food, and films, I pondered my goals for 2012. They seemed trivial (read more books), comical (drink less alcohol), typical (stop gaining weight … and then start losing weight), or impossible (be less judgmental of those whose spelling success lives or dies not on genuine spelling acumen, but on the absence of squiggly red lines). These resolutions, while perfectly functional, were duds. I wanted the Cadillac of resolutions. I think I found one.
Read the rest at ManILoveFilms …
- RT @mrsmaris: @thehill Next will be the article confirming Trump will NOT be accepting any refugees. See a pattern here? The PR tricks aren… 7 hours ago
- I liked #WorldWarZ. 7 hours ago
- Dark Bono might be @CinemaWidow's favorite Bono. #80s #SunCity #RIPJonathanDemme https://t.co/2VZGnVpfN9 7 hours ago
- RT @stoney16: not only did Jonathon Demme direct Silence of the Lambs. He helped @StevieVanZandt with Sun City video. https://t.co/OH2AfUZF… 7 hours ago
- In 1958, a Catholic church urged a DE theater owner to cancel screenings of Vadim's "...And God Created Woman." So… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 8 hours ago