2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 26: Gary Cooper
Today we have the pleasure of watching one of Classic Hollywood’s timeless everyman, Gary Cooper.
First up is Margaret Perry of The Great Katharine Hepburn with her take on Cooper in a wonderful comedy, Ball of Fire.
Next, Sean from The Joy and Agony of Movies offers a his own take on Cooper in Ball of Fire.
Cliff, from Immortal Ephemera, gets very newsy with press coverage from Cooper’s hometown newspaper, the Helena (MT) Daily Independent!
Jessica from Jess in a Yellow Dress joins us again with her look at Love in the Afternoon.
Raquel at 19cooper01 asks How Do I Love the Coop? Let Me Count the Ways.
And a third perspective is offered on Ball of Fire by Lara at Back Lots.
- What's a 1970s preteen learn from an 1800s rafting adventure? How to use the remote control more quickly. #AfterSchoolSpecial #TroubleRiver 55 minutes ago
- Indian confrontation. Grandma urges Dewey shoot Indian. Dewey doesn't. Indian friendly. Fuck you Grandma. #AfterSchoolSpecial #TroubleRiver 1 hour ago
- They reached friend's house down river. House burned down. Indian lurks in forest. This is my childhood TV #AfterSchoolSpecial #TroubleRiver 1 hour ago
- Seriously, 17 of first 22 mins of #AfterSchoolSpecial #TroubleRiver is Dewey & Grandma floating on raft, with Grandma bitching entire way. 1 hour ago
- Um, there is one assailant lurking outside the cabin and Dewey packs up Grandma and take to the raft. WTF. #AfterSchoolSpecial #TroubleRiver 1 hour ago