2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 21: Kay Francis
Today’s Summer Under the Stars spotlight is a quintessential Pre-Code dame – Kay Francis.
Like style? Then you’ll love what Kimberly from GlamAmor has to offer, as she looks at Francis’ trendsetting 1930s style.
And the blogathon welcomes Danny Reid from Can’t Stop the Movies, who has several contributions for Kay day: reviews of Jewel Robbery, Mary Stevens MD, and Mandalay. Plus, Danny has a great overview on Francis and the films featured on TCM today.
And not to be outdone, Cliff from Immortal Ephemera offers a trio of contributions of his own: Francis in the news, a review of Dr. Monica, and yet an alternate take on Dr. Monica over at WilliamWarren.com!
Also making a blogothon debut is Karen with The Speakeasy! She looks at Francis in Confession.
And the blogathon welcomes Gene from 11east14thstreet.com with a look at Francis in Mary Stevens MD.
- RT @DeusExCinema: Ida: Simple and sublime drama about identity and duty. Frame after immaculate frame composed with a master's touch. Actin… 10 hours ago
- RT @DraconicVerses: Imagi-Movies on @TCM for December, 2014 wp.me/pMFLM-Pg 11 hours ago
- The rest of you should follow suit. RT @DeusExCinema #NowWatching Ida on @netflix 11 hours ago
- Wowza. The Blu for #TheWindRises offers the entire film (in Japanese w/English subs) told in the original storyboards. What a treasure. 13 hours ago
- Great to have seen #BigHero6 and #TheWindRises over same weekend. Stylistically and thematically so different, yet both so joyous. 14 hours ago