2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 17: Katharine Hepburn
Is Katharine Hepburn the greatest actress ever? That’s up for debate, but she is certainly in the conversation. Does this blogathon have the greatest bloggers ever? YES! And no debate is necessary! Enjoy!
Leading off is Margaret Perry with a subject she knows a little bit about. 8 ) Margaret, she of The Great KH, takes a look at today’s TCM’s Hepburn lineup and ranks them in order of quality.
Next, the ‘thon welcomes Kimberly of GlamAmor fame, with her look at Kate in Woman of the Year.
H.P. Oliver is back in the ‘thon house with his take on Bringing Up Baby.
Classic newsman Cliff from Immortal Ephemera covers how the press treated Hepburn after 1932′s A Bill of Divorcement.
Kristen from Journeys in Classic Film reflects on Hepburn’s performance in Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner.
Then, Carrie at True Classics tells us why Katharine Hepburn is Awesome.
Ginny with Old Movies Nostalgia reviews Kate and Cary in Bringing Up Baby!
Jacqueline at Living Lola shows us The Tao of Hepburn.
And Jessica from Jess in a Yellow Dress gives us her view of Bringing Up Baby.
Also with a look at Bringing Up Baby is Kellee from Outspoken and Freckled!
- RT @MaxOnMovies: 1. 1st Avenger 2. Iron Man 3. Avengers 4. Winter Soldier 5. Dark World 6. Thor 7. Iron Man 2 8. Iron Man 3 9.Hulk 10.Guard… 10 hours ago
- RT @CinemaWidow: True. http://t.co/Oyf8tAK18n 10 hours ago
- RT @jeffwmarker: @ScribeHard My most generous summation is that it becomes so bad it's good. Incredibly dumb yet admirably audacious. 10 hours ago
- It's unfortunate. #Lucy could have completed an amazing ScarJo trilogy with HER and UNDER THE SKIN (still recommend those as a double feat). 11 hours ago
- #Lucy: It has its moments, but it's such a mess. Besson's tale overreaches and his direction is staggeringly uninspired. ScarJo great tho. 11 hours ago