2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 14: James Cagney
Whether playing a Public Enemy or a Yankee Doodle Dandy, Day 14′s James Cagney is an American original, and we’re happy to have great blogger write about him!
Up first, our public friend H.P. Oliver takes a look at Cagney in The Public Enemy.
Next, John from Twenty Four Frames returns to look at Cagney in the white-hot White Heat.
Le from Critica Retro is back with her 10 reasons to admire Cagney (don’t forget to hit the translate button!)
Karen from Shadows and Satin makes her blogathon debut with a fantastic essay White Heat: A Character Assassination
Cliff from Immortal Ephemera has collected a series of press clippings on Cagney.
Jessica at Comet Over Hollywood celebrates her two-year blogging anniversary, Cagney style!
Rich at Wide Screen World shows of his Cagney cartooning skills!
Anthony at Zeppo Marxist recounts his very own personal “Cagney Day“
Cliff with Immortal Ephemera weighs in … and I mean WEIGHS in … with a heavy review of Smart Money.
And our dear, dear friend Carley with Kitty Packard offers her usual panache with James Cagney: The Ultimate Bad-Ass!
OH NO! WE MISSED ONE! WELL, THERE WILL BE NO BLOGGER LEFT BEHIND!
- RT @BilgeEbiri: As Todd McCarthy noted, Mike Nichols was the last of the pre-WW2 German-speaking émigrés to H'wood, a lineage including Lub… 7 hours ago
- Swear to god I'm gonna wear out the needle on Uptown Funk. #BrunoMars 7 hours ago
- Did I just see a Hyundai commercial where a GI Joe doll hits on a Gem doll using a grappling hook and a disco ball? 17 hours ago
- See, here's the thing about Gyllenhaal in #Nightcrawler: change a few details and I've known guys like him in #CorporateAmerica. Uncanny. 1 day ago
- RT @mikemovie: @ScribeHard What about that Rene Russo? #Wowza 1 day ago