2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 8: Rita Hayworth
We’re right about at the quarter turn of the blogathon and things are going strong, with many great pieces submitted and many more great pieces to come. And for anyone out there who thinks it’s too late to join in, or it’s too late to add another entry … it isn’t! We’ve still got 3+ more weeks of this wonder!
Today, only two words: Rita Hayworth. Enjoy!
Kristen at Journeys in Classic Film looks at Rita Hayworth in one of her signature roles … Gilda.
Next, Jessica at Comet Over Hollywood offers a Rita-themed beauty tip!
Calum, at Manalishi Films, reviews Rita in The Lady from Shagnai.
And 8-for-8 Cliff with Immortal Ephemera finds more fascinating facts in the newspapers of yesteryear.
And last there’s Brandie at True Classics, with her look at The Strawberry Blonde.
- (Note to self: don't send kids to U of Tennessee.) RT @ArianFoster Domestic violence and alcohol damn near synonymous. 1 hour ago
- #TheUnknownKnown: 103-min '60 Minutes' segment. Tired material, lifeless presentation, gimmick Rumsfeld reads his memos gets old. Fast. 2/5 19 hours ago
- Whoa. #TheUnknownKnown drops "In Memory of Roger Ebert 1942-2013" in advance of closing credits. 19 hours ago
- Huh. 15 minutes into a doc about Rumsfeld and I've already lost two followers. Coincidence? It's about movies, folks. Not politics. 20 hours ago
- Well hey now. Music by Danny Elfman. #TheUnknownKnown 21 hours ago