2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 7: Sidney Poitier
The last day of the first full week of SUTS and the blogging is going strong! Today, whether you you call him Mister Tibbs or call him the first African American man to win an Academy Award, there is no denying that Sidney Poitier deserves to be part of TCM’s Summer Under the Stars, and the classic film blogging community does right by him.
H.P. Oliver returns to the ‘thon with his unique perspective on To Sir With Love.
Joel, of Joel’s Classic Film Passion, makes his blogathon debut looking at A Raisin in the Sun and To Sir, With Love.
The wonderful Aurora, from OnceUponAScreen, gives us her look at A Raisin in the Sun.
Next, Margaret Perry of The Great Katharine Hepburn returns with Poitier and the Civil Rights movement in Hollywood.
Raquelle from Out of the Past takes a look at Poitier in A Patch of Blue.
Cliff from Immortal Ephemera is back with a look at some Poitier press clippings. Great read!
Carrie from True Classics weighs in with her thoughts on To Sir With Love.
Rich from Wide Screen World offers a nice bio on Poitier.
And blogathon newcomer 19cooper01 writes a very nice essay about Mr. Poitier.
- RT @WayTooIndie: Blurring the line between period piece and pre-war fantasy, @MMoonlightMovie tugs at the heartstrings ever so gently. http… 38 minutes ago
- RT @indiewire: The history of sex on film in infographic form, via @fandor: goo.gl/uQZC1b http://t.co/AzmAH3nkRQ 38 minutes ago
- RT @MermaidDownFILM: AS WE ENTER OUR FINAL WEEK, trending on @Indiegogo , here is a message from Jeffrey, our #writer / #director: https://… 2 hours ago
- There it is. "Heartbeat" by Red 7. First used in S1 of MIAMI VICE. That Red 7 cassette was a bitch to find. Still have it. #Manhunter 18 hours ago
- Awwww yeah. Now the soundtrack has gone full MIAMI VICE. #Manhunter 18 hours ago