2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 3: Johnny Weissmuller
Another day passed, another great success! Thanks, bloggers and readers! Now it’s on to DAY THREE!
Is there an actor more closely associated with a character than Johnny Weissmuller is with Tarzan? An argument could be made, I suppose, but Weissmuller’s name would certainly be in the conversation. While not as popular as John Wayne and not as beloved as Myrna Loy, Weissmuller is still covered in this blogathon, proving that the classic film fan-base is large and loyal!
First up is Leticia with Critica Retro looks at The Family of Tarzan. (Note: Not only is the classic film fan-base large and loyal, it’s international too! Be sure to hit the appropriate translation widget to the right of the article!)
Also today, Cliff with Immortal Ephemera goes three-for-three in the blogathon with another great press clipping-based entry.
Ivan from Thrilling Days of Yesteryear joins us with an entertaining piece entitled Tarzan Takes Manhattan.
- Not a chance Brian grinds out 1000 words on one side of loose leaf. #TheBreakfastClub 6 hours ago
- Still my fave exchange in #TheBreakfastClub: Andy: What do you need a fake ID for? Brian: So I can vote. 6 hours ago
- Can you imagine Vernon going at Bender so aggressively in today's society? #TheBreakfastClub 7 hours ago
- Love Bender confronting Claire on her "experience". Vivisects sex BS #80s teens perpetuated thru innuendo and suggestion #TheBreakfastClub 7 hours ago
- "You're a Neo Maxi Zoom Dweebie." #TheBreakfastClub 7 hours ago