2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 3: Johnny Weissmuller
Another day passed, another great success! Thanks, bloggers and readers! Now it’s on to DAY THREE!
Is there an actor more closely associated with a character than Johnny Weissmuller is with Tarzan? An argument could be made, I suppose, but Weissmuller’s name would certainly be in the conversation. While not as popular as John Wayne and not as beloved as Myrna Loy, Weissmuller is still covered in this blogathon, proving that the classic film fan-base is large and loyal!
First up is Leticia with Critica Retro looks at The Family of Tarzan. (Note: Not only is the classic film fan-base large and loyal, it’s international too! Be sure to hit the appropriate translation widget to the right of the article!)
Also today, Cliff with Immortal Ephemera goes three-for-three in the blogathon with another great press clipping-based entry.
Ivan from Thrilling Days of Yesteryear joins us with an entertaining piece entitled Tarzan Takes Manhattan.
- RT @jaxbra: And of course #FF to the one I sponsor live-tweets for @ScribeHard Dewlot™: When either is not enough, go for both. Dew the '… 4 hours ago
- Baller. RT @cj_prin Went through my viewing journal and I'm up to ~295 first time viewings this year. Jesus christ what am i doing 21 hours ago
- Content aside, #Mudbloods is a terrible doc, poorly structured and executed, with no overarching theme. It's a Potter Fantasy Camp film. 21 hours ago
- The USC snitch was caught coming out of the bathroom during the injury timeout. That's how UCLA won. I swear to Jesus. #Mudbloods 21 hours ago
- There's an injury timeout on the field. This thing could go the Full Heaven Can Wait at any moment. #Mudbloods 21 hours ago