2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 2: Myrna Loy
Thanks to everyone who made Day One such a great success! Now it’s on to DAY TWO!
I could gush on and on about Day Two star Myrna Loy, but I would just as soon save my ramblings for another time and get you to what you came here for … bloggers! So let’s say we get Day Two started!
Leading off is Aurora at Once Upon a Screen with an essay about today’s star that she entitles Myrna Loy: The Little Things.
Next is Kellee Pratt with a look at the quintessential Powell/Loy classic, 1934’s The Thin Man.
Resident Katharine Hepburn blogger Margaret Perry gives Kate some time off to take a look at some of her favorite Myrna films.
H.P. Oliver joins Aurora as two of the first two-for-two bloggers with his unique take on The Thin Man.
Brandie at TrueClassics offers her insight on Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948).
Lara from Backlots has a lovely review of the hilarious Libeled Lady (1936)
Great, great contributions for a great, great actress!
- RT @LivingInCinema: @ScribeHard hahaha, could've been the father of the 90210 kids if they were in the same temporal plane 29 minutes ago
- #WarGames would make great double bill w/1984's #RedDawn. All that #80s fear of Soviets from two perspectives: high tech and low. #WOPRines! 38 minutes ago
- Ignoring dated technology, #WarGames holds up remarkably well. It's a solid thriller with believable characters that consistently engages. 44 minutes ago
- How about a nice game of chess? #WarGames 46 minutes ago
- #WarGames taught me about DEFCON levels. 1 hour ago