2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 2: Myrna Loy
Thanks to everyone who made Day One such a great success! Now it’s on to DAY TWO!
I could gush on and on about Day Two star Myrna Loy, but I would just as soon save my ramblings for another time and get you to what you came here for … bloggers! So let’s say we get Day Two started!
Leading off is Aurora at Once Upon a Screen with an essay about today’s star that she entitles Myrna Loy: The Little Things.
Next is Kellee Pratt with a look at the quintessential Powell/Loy classic, 1934’s The Thin Man.
Resident Katharine Hepburn blogger Margaret Perry gives Kate some time off to take a look at some of her favorite Myrna films.
H.P. Oliver joins Aurora as two of the first two-for-two bloggers with his unique take on The Thin Man.
Brandie at TrueClassics offers her insight on Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948).
Lara from Backlots has a lovely review of the hilarious Libeled Lady (1936)
Great, great contributions for a great, great actress!
- RT @cj_prin: In the end, the real babadook... is love 15 hours ago
- The Golden Globes once had a Rookie of the Year Award. For 1976 films, the winners were Lange and ... Schwarzenegger? http://t.co/Tjg5K4Nusg 15 hours ago
- RT @oldfilmsflicker: Lady filmmaker fans: @LaggiesTheMovie is in theaters this week and @BeyondTheLights comes out in a few weeks. go supp… 15 hours ago
- Oh sure. Let's push this one more time. JOHN WICK. Go see it. But if you need convincing, read this: scribehardonfilm.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/joh… #JohnWick 16 hours ago
- RT @notjustmovies: Like @Lexialex, the JOHN WICK directors did stunts before directing, and you can tell in how much care is taken to show … 19 hours ago