2012 tcm SUTS Blogathon Day 2: Myrna Loy
Thanks to everyone who made Day One such a great success! Now it’s on to DAY TWO!
I could gush on and on about Day Two star Myrna Loy, but I would just as soon save my ramblings for another time and get you to what you came here for … bloggers! So let’s say we get Day Two started!
Leading off is Aurora at Once Upon a Screen with an essay about today’s star that she entitles Myrna Loy: The Little Things.
Next is Kellee Pratt with a look at the quintessential Powell/Loy classic, 1934’s The Thin Man.
Resident Katharine Hepburn blogger Margaret Perry gives Kate some time off to take a look at some of her favorite Myrna films.
H.P. Oliver joins Aurora as two of the first two-for-two bloggers with his unique take on The Thin Man.
Brandie at TrueClassics offers her insight on Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948).
Lara from Backlots has a lovely review of the hilarious Libeled Lady (1936)
Great, great contributions for a great, great actress!
- RT @MarkHarrisNYC: I'm stunned anyone thinks theater owners are qualified to decide state-supported terrorists are just bluffing.So much ar… 10 hours ago
- #CantRainAllTheTime http://t.co/gREaaoCWFd 12 hours ago
- #NowWatching Helen Mirren, Om Puri, Manish Dayal, & Charlotte Le Bon in Lasse Hallström's THE HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY . http://t.co/h7D9Iq6tz5 1 day ago
- RT @ccpopculture: The Top 20 Gone Girl Thinkpieces of 2014 (Number Three May Surprise You!) 1 day ago
- Sincere Q: have any think-pieces about Hollywood's Death by Franchise, no matter how eloquent the writing, ever propose an actual solution? 1 day ago